Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Waiting Game

My fella and I started to try again for a baby recently. After no time at all (literally a few days after the first time we had sex with no contraception) I started to have symptoms.......you know the ones.

Nausea.
Red tinges when I wipe after a pee occasionally.
Really bad lower back ache.
Period-like cramps.

Obviously, I have to bear in mind that there could be a huge amount of wishful thinking here, but all of these symptoms are exactly the same as they were just 3 and a half months ago when I was going through them when I was pregnant. Either I'm imagining all of this and need my head examined, or there might be a bun in the oven again. My period-like cramps aren't going anywhere even after 2 strong Paracetamol.

Could I really have been lucky enough to strike it lucky the first time?! I barely dare ask the question, let alone believe it could be true.

When I was pregnant last time I started to get nauseous just a few days after we conceived - way before I had any inkling I was pregnant - and it gradually got worse. I'll be monitoring things, as it's too early to do a test yet, even one of the First Response ones you can do 6 days before. I have a wait of almost a week before I can do one of those tests.

I'm not going to mention any of this to anyone on Facebook, so if you read this you're amongst the few in the loop. If this auto-posts to Facebook, I'll delete the post ASAP. Something I can't go through again is living everything out under the spotlight again, but at the same time I need to share things or else I'll go mad.

If I turn out not to be pregnant, we'll just keep trying. If I do turn out to be pregnant, I'll still need to keep things on the down-low until 3 months are up, as I couldn't bear to become a subject of pity if everything goes to shit again.

I'll keep you informed.

2 comments:

  1. Woooooooooooooooooo. All crossed, but as you said, you'll keep trying if youre not. Theres no reason you shouldnt be!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apparently a friend said that after a miscarriage or ectopic there follows a period of hyper fertility....almost as if nature is trying to make up for its transgressions. I know James has a quality product (like Darren, hehe) but I find it amazing that despite all my health issues, I *might* be with child again. Childbirth really is miraculous!

    ReplyDelete