Sunday, June 19, 2011

So, it happened. TMI photo!

I knew someone would ask me if I was pregnant last night, and they did. 

Sometimes having a sixth sense sucks.

I went to the wedding reception of someone who now works for the same company I used to work for. I didn't actually work with her - I worked with her mum - and I got to know E through her mum. I knew I'd be seeing some faces I hadn't seen for a long time, and although I'm not Facebook friends with all of the ex-Comet people there, I'm friends with enough of them for news to have got around about my last ectopic pregnancy and us trying for another sprog.

I was greeted very warmly by everyone there and it was really touching, actually. I was well and truly hugged! 

One of the ladies there came up to me, cradled my belly and asked me "When is it due?"

"Tomorrow!" I said, laughing. 

She asked if I was joking and I said I'm not pregnant. She was terribly apologetic, and I just laughed it off, but it has reinforced my need to find out what the hell is going on with me, as I know I LOOK very pregnant.

Excuse the stupid facial expression. This is me standing naturally, not pooching the thing out.

Added to that, everyone told me I looked really well, and the word 'glowing' was used more than once.

I've been feeling great, too - which for anybody who knows the story of my health - is a very rare occurrence along the lines of rocking horse shit. So rare, I wonder what the hell is causing it, because I can't remember the last time I felt this alive. But hey ho, I'm embracing it! I'll make the most of it :)

Last week was a really busy one, with very little sleep because of the early mornings every day (it takes me a long time to get to sleep, way into the small hours most times, and I was getting up at 7.30am every day ready for the electricians), lots of heavy lifting and sweating my butt off every day. I emptied out the whole spare room (aside from the Mr's drum kit) to the opposite side of the flat so the room could be re-wired, moved all the furniture to the centre of the living room so the electricians could do the wall sockets, cleaned like a loony getting rid of all the plaster dust residue every day, had a massive clear out of junk from the spare room, and re-homed everything the electricians moved out of their way (which was almost every damn thing).

I've had a bee in my bonnet about everything. I cleared out the cupboard under the stairs, even though I'm terrified of lurking spiders, rearranged all the bedroom furniture apart from the bed (good luck moving that on my own, it weighs a ton!), swept cobwebs, and did a dozen other annoying jobs. As well as this I've been doing loads of work on the website, I've designed loads of new badges, uploaded hundreds of photos to the Funki Munki Badges Facebook page, done the orders....need I go on?!

In short, I'm a woman possessed.

Possessed by what is what I don't know. I keep expecting Sigourney Weaver to pop up while she waits for an alien to burst out of my abdomen!


BOO!

On a serious note, once the electricians have gone once and for all (so I don't have to be at home in the mornings and can get to the docs for 8am) I will go to the doctor to ask for tests.

Edited to show goo coming out of my front bottom at various stages of the month.

Charming eh? Likely my hormones are fucked.

I think the oddness with bleeding and irregular periods are probably caused by out of whack hormones and are a different issue to the stomach swelling. I'm going to the doctors tomorrow morning and hopefully she'll have a root where the sun doesn't shine to see if she can feel fibroids or anything. I'll also bring up poly cystic kidneys as that can cause stomach swelling too. Thinking about it, my aunt who has PCK has a quite rounded tum, and she's as skinny as a rake.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Hon,my belly is that shape,and feels very hard,is yours like that? I know for sure though i am deffo not pregnant,...if i am i will be suing the doc that did my hysterectomy !!! At almost 51,methinks i am a tad too old for motherhood now lol .I do like that dress bye the way,it is very pretty .xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHA :)

    Has yours always been like that? Mine hasn't, it's got worse over the last couple of months I suppose (although I only REALLY noticed it last week when I saw a photo of myself). It could be anything, but anyone seeing someone with a rock hard round lump up there is going to assume glad tidings, where there are none. I hope WHATEVER it is, it's nothing sinister. I'll let the doc have a good prod :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It does seem to be bigger even than that last photo.... I know this maybe sounds a bit odd, but with everything else you've mentioned, have you considered a phantom pregnancy. It is possible to have all the symptoms and similar behaviours to a pregnant woman and to feel pregnant?

    Could it be your body still thinks its pregnant?

    Also have they deffo got rid of all the tissue after your operation (they didn't with me) as the remains of that can make you body still feel you are pregnant?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have no idea what's going on. I put some of my symptoms into a symptom checker (at the behest of a friend) and one thing which kept coming up was polycystic kidney disease, which my dad's family is riddled with. I'll mention it to the doctors tomorrow.

    I think asking if my body still thinks it's pregnant is like asking a madman if he's sane - I'm the last person who'd know.

    I'm sure my imagination isn't making me bleed all the time. I've had bloody mucus on sooooo many occasions now, including the last 5 days.

    I'm going to edit this to include a photo of the goo coming out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I get that goo just before my womanlies and when I'm finishing xXx

    ReplyDelete
  6. After a month or so of not having irregular bleeding, last month my period went on for about 2 weeks. I'm due on any time now so let's see what this month brings :P

    Being a woman is gross sometimes! x x x

    ReplyDelete