Friday, June 10, 2011

The Gut

I know for a fact I've only put a pound on since January, because I was weighed last week at the hospital. I'm pretty sure in January I didn't look like this.

The Mr took some shots of me for my other blog earlier and this is a 'reject' from those shots, as I certainly wouldn't want people to see this over there. I had no idea it had got this big. I knew it was getting bigger, but I didn't know it looked like this:



 There it is, at the left side of the photo, just by my right hand. That thing jutting out at a weird angle like that. My bloody stomach. 

You can see the narrowest part of me, just under my boobs. Those horizontal lines there are elastic, and just above that you can see the curve of my boob. That point there to where I've put the horizontal red line (above) is what has totally freaked me out. It's not normally dead flat, but it's not normally like that either!

Here, I've cropped, lightened and drawn a line around the outside of that thing so you can see better what I mean.


I wish I had one fully sideways-on to show you the monstrosity of that thing. 

What the fuck is it?! 

I'm a fat bird, but generally speaking my boobs stick out more or equal to my stomach. My fattest bit has always been below the belly button, not just under my boobs. 

It's not a dodgy angle, that's me standing normally and not holding anything in. I had no idea it looked like that. We have no full length mirror here.

For comparison, this is what I looked like a little over a year ago, and I'm about the same weight now. It's not the best pic as the dots make your eyes go funny, but it doesn't look like I'm hiding an extractor fan under my top, like the other pictures do.

It's a fuzzy pic because I've 'borrowed' it off a mate from Facebook
See, I was kinda straight up and down. Boobage sticking out about as much as the gut. I've deliberately chosen another kinda sideways on picture for comparison.

What the fuck?

Has anyone got any missing livestock?! Hahaha! Any missing cows in the area?

Now do you see why I think I might* be pregnant? 

*Despite alllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll probability.

Yes, just go ahead and call that shrink for me now. You know you wanna.

13 comments:

  1. Certainly is odd hun :oS have you done another test lately? xXx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did one a few days ago, but I was only a few days late then. I'm 8 days late today.

    Everyone keeps telling me it's hormones, and maybe it is, but when this beach ball is up my top, it's hard to think like that. I'm just gonna edit this to show how I looked about this time last year for comparison, as no bugger knows what I normally look like :) x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Could it perhaps be to do with your operation you had? Why its a funny shape now maybe? Or has this only occured recently? xXx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I must add, that I don't think I look like this from possibly falling pregnant recently, that'd be ridiculous. Things have been VERY odd since March. My last 'normal' period was 11 weeks ago.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Up until about 6 weeks ago I was losing weight and a couple of people had told me so, so it was noticeable. My stomach was getting flatter.

    I've noticed in the last week or so that when I sit down there's this thing under my boobs that's been getting bigger. Maybe I've got a giant ovarian cyst or something! I won't know until I haul arse to the doctors, but I want to see if I come on first. Last time I was 12 days late and I'm not sure if that was even a proper period, as I've been bleeding on and off since early April at all times of the month, and I'm now 8 days late again. I've never been late twice running before in my life, but then again up until January I'd never had part of my body removed either.

    It's a massive headfuck. In a way I'm glad James took this photo earlier so I can show people WHY I'm pulling my frigging hair out! x x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, and if anything, having the op made everything look flatter, because without putting too fine a point on it, once those muscles have been cut through there's no going back. Everything has dropped a tiny bit South!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Probs best to get it checked out then hun, could be anything not to worry you but it could be a cyst, abcess, ulcer or even a tumour and all of these could mess about with your cycle if they're anywhere to do with the reproductive system xXx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah I know :/ I think I'll wait and see if/when there's a bleed and go from there. I want there to be more evidence. At the moment I can say I was always a 29 day cycle girl, and I had a 29 day cycle after the op, then a 41 day cycle, and now I'm on day 37. If I come on again on day 41, maybe that's just my new cycle, and I'll be thankful I have less periods to deal with than other girls, but if it goes on, I think I need some investigating.

    I've known for a long time I've been falling apart, this is probably just a bit more of me coming unravelled!! x x x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awwwww :o( well I hope it works out and wotever it is gets sorted. I've gotta wait till 20th to see if I come on as Dr was naughty early 28th May just after I finished my womanlies and I've been feeling tired and been getting a bloody/ironesque taste in my mouth lately and food has been tasting abit weird too :oS no other symptoms so far tho so touch wood lol xXx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Hun,

    Have u considered Fibroids? could be the cause of the erratic periods and stomach.. is it hard?

    Have you asked the hospital/doctors to do a beta HCG? that would confirm if there are any pregnancy hormones in your body however small a amount.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooh good luck Kelly :) I hope you've cracked it :) Let me know. How exciting!

    Yes it is hard Tracie. It's not squidgy like fat at all. I don't know much about fibroids but I'll Google them. I think it's incredibly unlikely that I am up ze duff, it's probably just a combination of all things screwing with my head. I'll go to see the doc and ask her to humour me, saying YES I am probably a crazy lady, but stranger things have happened, so can you do the test just so I can reintrouduce myself to sanity ;)

    Looking up the symptoms, it could well be fibroids. Swollen tum, check. Peeing lots, check. Occasional constipation, check. Heavy periods leading to anaemia, check.

    It doesn't explain the bloody oddness of my cycle though, so I'll wait to see when I next bleed (just to see if there's a pattern) then go see the GP.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Deffo looks likes somethings going on there. I would get the docs to check you out.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yep. Fibroids look like they might be a goer.

    ReplyDelete